Monday, February 7, 2011

Cutie Pie

I just finished a fun new fabric and paper collage! What do you think?

Cutie Pie measures 11 by 9 inches and is made from a variety of bits of fabric scraps, both vintage and new, along with some pretty trim, ruffles, a vintage image of a little girl, a cut out from a vintage Valentine greeting card, some patterned paper, and of course, glitter! I think it came out really sweet!

I sewed everything together with some pretty blue thread, which I think gave it a little extra dose of fun and creativity! I just love combining light blue and pink! You should see my apartment, lots of pink and blues!

I just love this shot! She may need to go on some business cards in the future!

A close up of the vintage-esque Cutie Pie flash cards sewn on with blue thread.

A lovely heart cut from vintage pink fabric with white polka dots. The floral pieces below it are also from vintage fabric! I really like the layering of fabric in my art lately. This collage alone has more than 6 different pieces sewn together, all accentuating the other.

Here are some close ups of the edges of the collage, where I used some really great vintage pink rick rack with silver highlights! I absolutely love it and will be so sad when it is all gone. I will have to try to find some more soon. Again the pink and blue color combo is just dreamy! Don't you think?!

I have been working on my ruffle making skills and these turned out lovely if I do say so myself! Made from some pretty light pink vintage fabric, I really like leaving the edges rough, unfinished and a little tattered, adds some nice texture to the collage I think!

The base of the collage is stiff felt (pink with white polka dots) and then basic thin cardboard, so it is nice and firm, but not too heavy to hang. And I like recycling the cardboard. I also just added some silver tinsel wire to the top to hang the piece too, although I don't have an image of this. All in all a fun new piece that I think would look really great on the door or decorating the wall of a little girl's room. Don't you think?

If you like this piece, I am going to bring it over to Confectionique for their upcoming sale this weekend. Click here for more information on these lovely and fun filled markets! If it doesn't sell at the market, it will probably go on my Etsy site, or perhaps on my own wall!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails