Thursday, March 24, 2011

Butterfly Embroidery

I found a lovely vintage sheet recently at one of my local thrift store haunts. The sheet had butterflies on it and I had this fun idea to cut out the butterflies and add some embroidery detail to each one. Once I have enough done, I am going to sew the butterflies onto a dress or skirt! I can't wait to have it done so I can show you the finished product! But until then, I thought I would share with you some of the butterflies in production!



One last note, the snow is melting here in Wisconsin, at least in the Madison area! Although it is often still rainy and cold, and sometimes we get a little dusting of snow, I am very excited to see the huge snow drift that has been outside my patio for many months (feels like years) melt away recently! I snapped this shot the other day to show you the little bit that was left before it completely melted. Goodbye snow drift, you were fun in December but have certainly worn out your welcome. See you next winter! Now my mind is filled with dreams of warm weather, pretty flowers, green grass, and putting away my dull winter wardrobe! I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails