Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Start to The Valentine Season!

Out with Christmas and in with love! I have started to pack up all of my Christmas decorations and art supplies, and have been having a ball pulling out the Valentine goodies. Some of my favorite Valentine supplies include...

Paper doilies in pretty heart shapes! I Love working with doilies...whoever invented these little paper pretties was a genius. Inexpensive and fun to add to any art project. A must have for your Valentine's Day projects.
I found pre-cut heart shaped felt in different sizes at the craft store! I really enjoy using these as the canvas to my collage work...they are pretty stiff and can hold paper, sewing, and glue well. Some even have glitter already added!

And of course...vintage Valentine's Day cards! So cute and kitschy...many have adorable little children's signatures on the back as well. Hit your local thrift stores, estate sales, and antique stores to find these...often for as little as $0.50 to $1.00!

And just to give you a little taste of what all of these fun supplies can lead too...
Here is a fun Valentine I recently created using a large felt pink heart as a base, measuring 7 1/2 inches across. I added fun brown fabric with cute little blue polka dots (I love these colors combined with pink!). On top is a vintage valentine in the shape of a cake, which I sewed to the heart and decorated with red glitter and pink mica flakes. Around the heart is some vintage lace for a little extra oomph! And finally, the valentine is ready to hang with vintage pretty blue seam binding. It makes me want to go and have some dessert right now!

More Valentine creations to come...so keep checking back!

1 comment:

  1. I am in love with valentine crafting. Your cake valentine is fab, can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails