Sunday, October 17, 2010

When life gives you lemons...

Well the show this weekend in Wisconsin Dells was not all I had hoped. Sadly, I feel that it was another example of how the tough economy has caused a lot of people to not have the money to by art, as many vendors were complaining of low sales. To make the most of the slow day, I did have a chance to catch up with some fun art friends and meet new ones! My friend Courtney and I have been running into each other at art fairs for a few years now. She makes the most amazing soaps and wonderful smelling body products! Every time we see each other, we are sure to trade so I can stock up on her fabulous soaps! I love them!

She also sells perfume oils, lip balm, lotion and oh so much more!
And all with natural ingredients.
To get some of her fabulous products, stop by her website, www.mycleanaura.com. I promise you won't regret it!

I also spent some of the day hitting up a local church rummage sale! I love those kinds of sales...you can find great stuff! I would show you my awesome finds, but some of it will be going as holiday gifts in the near future so I you will have to wait! But I did want to show you my latest handmade skirt...I know, I know, you are probably thinking "another one?" But I can't help myself...I love making and wearing them...so just deal with it!

This one is made from some really fun fabric with birds (I have a thing for birds!), peace signs, trees, and clouds and other little fun characters, in a pretty brown with other pastel colors! I added pockets with similar blue and brown colors. I found the fabric in the "juvenile fabric" section at Joann's...isn't that just the way it always happens?! Apparently, I am a "juvenile!"




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails