Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Vintage Valentines




Check out these fabulous vintage valentines I found recently, for the cheap cheap price of only $1.00 each. This is a wonderful time to find these little beauties at antique stores for very little money, and often you will find adorable signatures and sentiments written on the back. Fun to collect and display, but I also love to use them in my collage mixed media creations! Although I do often use original ephemera, since I want to keep these little beauties for future use, I will copy them and use the copies in my artwork, saving the originals. Here is a nice trick...often times ink on your ephemera or copies can run once you start to use glue. Solution...spray your paper first with a fixative and let dry. Then when you are ready to start to use your glue (Mod Podge is my favorite) you will have better luck keeping your collage creations runny ink free!



Here is an example of one of my Artsy Fartsy collage creations, in which I used parts of a vintage valentine from the 1960s.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails