Friday, February 5, 2010

Vintage Birthday Candles



Look at my cute new creation! A home for my vintage birthday candle collection! I took an old display cabinet I found at a thrift store for $1.00, sanded and painted it, then added "Happy Birthday in scrabble tiles (also a find from a thrift store). On the side of the cabinet, I added fun, abstract circles, made from vintage dictionary pages and patterned paper! I really love it and enjoy having my vintage birthday candle collection out on display!



















Vintage birthday candles, in their original boxes, are a fun item to collect, as they are often cheap (can usually be found for only a few dollars at antique stores, estate sales, eBay, and Elsy), and are covered in wonderful retro graphics!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails