Thursday, September 6, 2012

Doodles and Supplies

Just wanted to share some recent doodles I did for my art journal. Both of these pages were done during slow moments in work meetings or in my art booth at the Farmer's Market. I often start with a pencil sketch, which I then go over with my trusty Faber-Castell PITT black artist pens. Then I add color with Copic markers. It's fun and pushes me out of my typical paint element. The very last picture is the underside of one of my doodles, showing how the Copic markers bleed through the page. I think its pretty too and wanted to share! Doodling and art journaling is becoming a real enjoyment for me. It's relaxing, but also a great tool to get my thoughts out of my head. I also love how my art journal is becoming a scrapbook of my life as well, not just with pictures and drawings, but also memories and snapshots. My goal is to continue to do this for as long as I can! It's a lovely pass time!  







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails