Sunday, September 11, 2011

Happy Halloween Houses!

Fall is in the air and that means my love for Halloween is starting to be in full swing! It's my favorite holiday of the year, one I wait for all year long and now it is finally approaching! I have already started to pull out my fun Halloween fabrics, stash of Halloween goodies and vintage ephemera, and orange and black are starting to appear everywhere in the art room, along with cobwebs, spiders, pumpkins and witches...you know the usual! I recently had fun making these Halloween houses! They can be hung on the wall or a door, or placed on the mantle above your fireplace, or even tossed on the couch for a little handmade Halloween touch! What do you think?



Everything from hand painted polka dots, to embroidered details abound on each unique little home... Including some fun Halloween themed pumpkin and bat buttons!




In addition to the Halloween houses, I also made this cute little star, covered in polka dots I painted on myself! along with some fun orange and black embroidered details to give a kind of primitive look! I like it!


These little Halloween goodies have already started to appear at the Farmer's Market, and will be sure to make an appearance next week at the Creative Connection, so stop on by if you want to take one home with you! And I hope you have caught the Halloween creative bug like I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails