Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Red, White, & Blue, & A Little Art Too!

I had a lovely and busy 4th of July weekend, filled with art fairs, festivals, and lots of wonderful red, white & blue scenes! So, naturally, I wanted to share some of them with you...

Red summer sandals in bright green grass! A true sign of summer for me! If only I could freeze this moment to keep with me during the cold winter months here in Wisconsin.

Some adorable kids from the Monona Fest kid's parade! They decorated their bikes with flags and streamers and such and had a blast riding behind the fire trucks! I thought this kid in particular was clearly enjoying the parade! Look at that face!

For the love of the 4th of July holiday I made this new skirt from a vintage sheet and some fun polka dot fabric! I wanted a skirt that was red, white, & blue, but one that could also be worn throughout the whole summer without looking too holiday-ish. I think I succeeded! In the end, I think my favorite part about this skirt is that it looks kind of modern yet retro too! Always a good thing in my book!

In addition to adding pockets (an absolute must for my skirts) I also added some fun, extra large rick rack to the bottom of the skirt for a little extra oomph!

Well there you go, a quick and colorful recap of my holiday weekend! I hope yours was just as fun and festive! Next weekend we have another art fair so stay tuned for more info!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails