Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Road Trip to Green Bay

Aren't these 2 ladies lovely! Well the one in the stripped blouse is my Grandma Ellie! (we don't know who the other lady is) Today I am taking a little road trip up to Green Bay to visit her! Her memory is not so good anymore, but when I show her this picture of her as a young woman, she has been known in the past to say "boy was I hot!" As many of my customers have learned, I frequently use old family photos in my art. I just can't help it, they are so wonderful to use, knowing that within me lies a little bit of each of these relatives!

In addition to going to visit my Grandmother, my mom and I are going to make a pit stop in Neenah, WI. A lovely lady, who met me in July, has offered to give me some of her vintage fabric she has been trying to get rid of! There may also be some old patterns in the pile as well. I am super excited and can't wait to see what I find! I have been having a lot of fun repurposing vintage sheets and bits of fabric in my sewing creations. I will be sure to snap some pixs today to share with you later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails