Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Moving Towards A More Natural Lifestyle

I have always been a person who recycles, is conscious of the environment, and when I can afford it will buy more natural or organic food and products. But lately I have been venturing into making my own all natural beauty and cleaning products for my home and it has been surprisingly easy, affordable, successful and fun! I thought I would share with you some of the recipe's I have found to be effective...
Thanks to Pinterest and some amazing blogs out there, I have found a lot on the Internet for free! But I have also seen some cool books available at your local library and bookstore to check out. For this makeup remover recipe, check out the blog One Good Thing By Jillee. She has lots of fabulous recipes and ideas for a more natural, environmentally friendly lifestyle that both is good for the earth and your pocketbook!
 
 I know some people are reading this and wondering if it really works. Well i am good proof that it does! My skin is pretty sensitive, as I have acne and rosacea. I usually only put things on my skin that are prescribed by my dermatologist, or really proven to be gentle. For example, the only makeup I wear is Bare Escentuals due to the gentleness. So, I was skeptical but willing to try. And I have found that this recipe is really nice on my sensitive skin, but still strong enough to get the job done! It also mixed together easily and I stored it in a simple canning jar I had at home. I use nice cotton pads to apply it. Simple is an understatement! The main ingredients are distilled water, a gentle natural shampoo (I used a baby shampoo I found at Wholefoods), coconut oil, and an essential oil of your choice for smell (I used lavender). Follow Jillee's instructions and enjoy! Also in Jillee's blog post she has info on how to make your own reusable makeup remover pads so you can cut down on throw away cotton pads or paper towels. I haven't tried this but may in the future. Next up I will share the recipe I used to make my own all natural, handmade laundry detergent! Oh and for some vintage loving, here is a snapshot of a fabulous vintage table cloth I scored at an estate sale recently!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails