Monday, October 3, 2011

Handmade Baby Shower Gifts

I have two lovely friends at work who are both pregnant and so we threw a fun baby shower for them both recently! I love these ladies so much that I knew I wanted to make them both a sweet handmade gift from my heart! So I made my first attempt at baby blankets and I think it went swimmingly if I do say so myself!

I had my friends each pick out their own patterned fabric.

Then I found crazy soft fabric for the other side.


Next I sewed the sides and quilted it in a very simple manner and voila! a warm and cuddly blanket for those sweet little babies coming soon!
Of course I couldn't stop just there, I had to make some cute packaging for these handmade gifts! I started with these fun little collage tags, made with paint and some adorable vintage images of babies!
This was my favorite vintage find! Can you believe these diapers were called Twinkle Party Pants! I need to get me some of those! Wouldn't life just seem so much better if we all got to wear Twinkle Party Pants!

For the gift bags I used simple brown Craft paper bags, which are the cheapest at the store, and added, of course polka dots and scallops to the top. Pink and blue because the babies genders are going to be a surprise for both ladies!
I am really happy the way the whole package turned out! Not to mention, once again, I find such great joy in making handmade gifts with love for my dear friends, and being thrifty with the simple things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails