Friday, June 25, 2010

Family, dragonflies, and art fairs! Oh my!

I must admit that I have not been very good at giving updates to you on my art and my life lately. I am sorry and promise to try to be better, but I do have the excuse that life has been busy with my day job as a social worker (40 hour work weeks are often just a dream), lots of art fairs, and some fun family visits! So here is a recap just for you!
Here is my lovely cousin Darcie and her adorable little boy Eddie who visited me for a weekend!

Check out this wonderful Dragonfly who decided to visit me one day at the Farmer's Market, resting on my screens and art! He was huge! I looked up what Dragonflies often symbolize to people because they always seem so lovely and beautiful to me! Here is what I found...

The meaning of a dragonfly changes with each culture. The main symbolisms of the dragonfly are renewal, positive force and the power of life in general. Dragonflies can also be a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity. Also, as a creature of the wind, the dragonfly frequently represents change. And as a dragonfly lives a short life, it knows it must live its life to the fullest with the short time it has - which is a lesson for all of us.

Once I found this it really hit home because I feel like in my life I am definitely in a place where I am reveling in my comfortable sense of self, place in life, the fact that I have overcome many difficulties and changes, and trying to live life to the fullest and be truly happy!

And finally I have been really busy getting ready for lots of upcoming art fairs! This weekend I will be at the Strawberry Fest Art Fair in Cedarburg, WI, a charming town north of Milwaukee, WI. If you are in the area I encourage everyone to stop on by!

I have also been working on lots of new projects from jewelry to wonderful jewelry boxes! I promise to snap lots of pictures and show you soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails